Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Birthday Octave 2.0

I'm apparently not very creative with titles as of late. That, or history is somewhat repeating itself...

Last week was The Easter Alleluia 2.0 because it was my second time having my spring break after Easter and second Spring Break as a teacher.

This week is my Birthday Octave! My 31st bday is this Sunday, April 22 and my friends are meeting at one of my favorite wineries in VA to celebrate. Then on Monday, I leave for a 4 day Kairos retreat with some of our students. I'm actually really excited for this retreat. I personally have never been on a full Kairos retreat myself, but I've never heard a bad thing about a Kairos retreat. Kairos means "God's Time" in Greek, and I could use some of that me and God time right about now.

Finally, the Octave will end in Richmond with some of my favorite people this weekend. I can think of no better way to celebrate a birthday: wine, friends, Richmond (?), and Jesus ;)

But this is not the first time I've referred to my birthday in relation to an Octave (hence the 2.0). You all might recall when I was still with the sisters 4 years ago that my birthday was 7 days after another postulant and our birthdays were pretty much celebrated all week and very well. Seriously, it was one of my more memorable birthdays and the sisters were so good to me.

4 years (and age 27!) seem like a lifetime away, especially considering all that has happened these 4 years! But at the same time, I know 4 years is not a long time at all.

Last post, I referred to something I had been discerning and God revealed His answer to me yesterday. I don't think it was any coincidence that a Mass was also said for me yesterday because of my birthday and I believe that Mass intention, paired with my prayers, brought about that resolution. God has been always faithful to me and I'm happy to say He has confirmed that I am exactly where He wants me to be...at least for another year :)

My plan has been to finish grad school (and hopefully that will happen this time next year) and then re-evaluate where God wants me to be professionally and just personally after that. I had an opportunity that kind of threw a wrench in that plan of late, but I didn't want to close any doors. Who am I to say "my plans" are better than God's?

But turns out God is in sync with me and I am staying put with the plan as of now :) So maybe that sheds some light on the vague last post I wrote!

I'm excited and grateful to celebrate my birthday with friends tomorrow! God is good, y'all. Let the Birthday Octave begin! Please pray for the students and adults on this Kairos retreat! Thanks!

Peace,
Julia

No comments: