Friday, April 25, 2008

Thank You and Update

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for all of the Birthday wishes, calls, and cards. My birthday was very blessed and there is a full account of my celebration on the postulant blogsite: http://fsppostulants.blogspot.com.

I can't believe I'm 27...and still don't know what God's plan is for me!

I have discerned, as many of you may already know, that religious life is not what the Lord is calling me to. I have been meeting with my formator and spiritual director many times over the past few months and we are both at peace with my decision not to do a second year of postulancy.

The year has certainly been very blessed. I have so many great memories and life lessons that I've experienced with the sisters. I've written about God's faithfulness so many times on this blog! I feel so honored that I have been given this opportunity to live this life, even if for a short period of time.

It came down to where my passions and desires are. I do have a passion to be united to Christ and serve Him through evangelization. But I've discerned that He is calling me to use those desires and gifts as a lay minister.

So please continue to pray for me as I try to listen to where the Lord is calling me next. I am finishing my semester of classes here until May 11th- the feast of Pentecost and Mother's Day!
I entered on a great feast- the Queenship of Mary- it is only fitting that I leave on another great feast, one where the Spirit is sending us forth!! I'm gonna stay with my sister Janet for a couple weeks and hopefully in that time look for an apartment and job in the St. Louis area. I'm open to wherever God will lead, but I feel like He led me here for a reason. I've met some great priests and ministers here and it's a really strong Archdiocese with a passion for catechetics and evangelization- perfect for me!

Thanks again for your prayers. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock. Like I said, I've talked to lots of people and a few of the sisters, and everyone has been very supportive and Jesus is giving me much peace! I trust in Him because He has led me in beautiful paths so far.

God bless you all! Keep in touch!
Peace,
Julia


I

1 comment:

The Grammarian said...

Hey Julia,
I don't know why but I had this strong feeling to check in with you today because I thought there must be an update on your life. Well, all I can say is that my prayers have been with you and will continue with you. I know that a vocation is not simply a job but a decision each day to choose a life's path. But coming from someone who has had 11 jobs in 6 years, I can't imagine being bound to one for life! Hahah, but seriously, God calls us all to serve and we're only best serving Him when it's in the right community where we can truly shine. I know you will find yours, and the last year was certainly a meaningful one that I know you will draw upon for many, many years to come. Blessings!!!