Monday, February 18, 2008

Pauline Books of Interest

We are using this book for one of our Scripture classes. It is written by a Sister of the Good Shepherd which is an order founded by the same man as our order- Blessed James Alberione. The man founded like 10 orders/institutes which make up our "Pauline Family".

Anyways, this book isn't a scholarly book, and you don't need to be into Scripture to understand it. I really think it could bring anyone closer to Jesus. It just opens up the Gospel of Mark to help us better understand Jesus and His message. It's really easy to read too.

She has some for the other Synoptics as well, but we are starting with Mark and learning about the theory that he was the 'first' Gospel and Luke and Matt took their cues from him... I could tell you all about that, but I am still studying it myself :) Anyways, just thought I'd give this book a push 'cause I'm enjoying it and I think others would too.

Peace,
Julia

No comments: