Thursday, August 23, 2007

Postulancy- Day 2!

Having been officially a postulant for the Daughters of St. Paul for one day now, I am not an expert, but I can offer you a little more insight into what my life is like here:

2 other young women entered with me yesterday and the three of us will be postulants and classmates together. While we don't know each other well yet, my first impressions exceeded all expections. These women are awesome and God is soooooo faithful! He knows what we need.

Alina is 23 and from Miami, FL. She loves to play the guitar, COFFEE, and likes to go dancing with her friends! She and I have already bonded over morning coffee and our lack of cooking experience (praise Jesus!)

Emily is 20 (almost 21- she has agreed to let us take her for her first drink ;) and is the oldest of 12!!! She has the best laugh that is contagious and laughs often! She also plays PIANO and can pick up harmonies really easily. We've already got our first song down in three part harmony between the three of us. Did I mention God is good???

Yesterday, I spent the day with Janet and my parents before saying our "good-byes", though really, these sisters are so flexible we all know I'll be seeing Janet pretty regularly and mom and dad have planned to take us all to the Nutcracker practically already. All the sisters are excited and apparently Emily's sister (the 2nd eldest) is also pursuing a professional dance career! The coincidences no longer surprise me because they are clearly consolations from God. Anyways, my family and I saw "Hairspray" which was really, really cute and perhaps the LEAST vulgar movie I've seen in a while. I would recommend it.

As far as keeping in contact, there is a number here for the postulants that has a voice mailbox for us, which I will email to you all soon. Please continue to email as I will be keeping my hotmail and facebook accounts, even Myspace.

And book your tickets for St. Louis soon! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! I love to talk about this order and the Sisters :)

Thank you for your prayers.....I felt them yesterday!!!

We are united in Mary until next time...

Peace,
Julia

2 comments:

fr. Matt, OFM Conv. said...

wohooo!!! sounds awesome....know of my continued prayers

Maria said...

God is good! I can't wait to meet these wonderful women! :) Lots of love, Maria