Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lenten Check-In: Laetare Sunday

The priests are all wearing pink (aka "rose") today...rejoice!

Rejoice(!), first of all, because pink is just so much more fun than purple. Some of you might disagree, but you see, my sister and I, close in age, would often get similar dresses, toys, etc. growing up. Except *I* would get the pink dress/toy/etc and *she* would get the purple dress/toy/etc to differentiate. I don't have anything against purple, but I have clearly always preferred pink.

Second of all, rejoice! because it means we are more than halfway through Lent! Last blog post, I wrote about how I couldn't believe that my friends were actually embracing (as opposed to abhorring, like I tend to) Lent. Again, nothing against Lent, but I am particularly glad that we are almost halfway through, though I do feel like this has been a pleasant and successful Lent so far (as far as Lents go :)

Other reasons to rejoice:

- Papal Conclave begins March 12th FINALLY! We have been two weeks now without a pope!

- I am FINALLY taking my comps this week! They will be OVER on Thursday! And there will be much rejoicing!

- My roommates and I are going are separate ways this summer, not a reason to rejoice necessarily, because that means another MOVE. And I dislike moving more than I dislike Lent. However, REJOICE! because I am FINALLY getting  my own place and have already found a new, cute apartment!

- Also, the obvious reason that EASTER will soon be here! My favorite season! And I'm going back to LA for Spring Break! Warm weather! Rejoice!

- Lastly, I celebrated this Polish nonagenarian recently...aka my Babci. 90 years of life! And vodka! Rejoice!
The Guest of Honor with the family...


 Honoring the Guest of Honor...



Um, yes, this is my 90 year old grandmother taking a vodka shot at the bar. May I still be doing shots at 90...:


Imparting words of wisdom as usual...

That's all for now...back to studying I go! I am feeling pretty confident right now, but only because I KNOW that people are praying for me, so please keep up the prayers this week and thank you for your awesome support!

ALSO- I will be starting a novena to this guy, St Joseph. To end on- um, duh- St. Joseph's feast day: March 19th! Join me if you wish!


O Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.

O Saint Joseph, assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. Amen

O Saint Joseph, hear my prayers and obtain my petitions. O Saint Joseph, pray for me. (Mention your intention)


May the rest of your Lent be blessed!

Peace,
Julia

No comments: